Current Police Officers in California are encouraged to apply.
California Lateral Applicants
· Must be currently employed with a California law enforcement agency
· Must possess a Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate (1 year of experience) Candidates who do not have a basic P.O.S.T. should follow the link for Academy Graduates.
Out of State Lateral Applicants with Basic Course Waiver
· Possess a valid state driver’s license from state of residency. Applicants must obtain a California Class C driver’s license before appointment to Police Officer.
· Possess a Basic Course Waiver issued by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training which must be submitted with application.
· Must be currently employed with a law enforcement agency of the United States.
Submit an application along with your Basic P.O.S.T. certificate
The application can be found by following the link below. Select “Police Officer (Lateral)”